David came home :). We rested on Friday and did laundry and packed. Saturday we headed to Enterprise. We stopped in Vegas to pick up Shadow. As we were driving into Enterprise it was raining. It smelled absolutely amazing. It doesn't smell in San Diego when it rains. Sunday we went to church with the Bushars. Sunday was not a very good day. I have been trying so hard lately to teach Christy to listen in sacrament meeting. I no longer take treats or things to color with. This Sunday with cousins who had treats and markers that did not work so well, and when I told Christy no she let me and everyone else sitting by us how unhappy she was. Of course she ended up coloring and having treats and I left. Sunday after church we had dinner with a few of Davids family. Ann makes very good roast. Of course after church was a whole other disaster. I am also trying to teach Christy about keeping the Sabbath day holy and with all the cousins over here playing outside and jumping on the tramp that is very hard for her. She is almost eight and ready to be baptized and I want her to be the best little girl that she can be. Having Shadow with us is still really hard for Christy. She has been doing so good at home with not having fits and doing what I ask. Today she got to play with cousins all day. This morning David and I took our car to get an oil change and while that was being done we went with David's dad to one of his properties and helped pile up dead wood and weeds. Mind you through all this I was wearing sandals and capris. Now I am not opposed to hard work but if I had known thats what I would be doing I would have dressed differently. This afternoon a bunch of Davids family met up at the pool so everyone could swim. The girls had a lot of fun. After swimming there was a potluck dinner. I did not attend the dinner because I went to a girls night out with my mom, Alisha, Crystal and Jen. We went to Red Robin for dinner. We had a good time, it was a nice break. We will be here in the St. George area for the rest of the week. Hopefully we will be able to get a few of the things done on my to do list. Sorry the pictures aren't of very good quality.
Monday, June 8, 2009
David, Enterprise and Girls
Posted by Rebecca and Christy at 7:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Yeah, I bet you "rested" on friday! :) The whole sacrament meeting and sunday stuff is horrible but I know how you feel. I don't know very many people who feel the same way we do about keeping the sabbath day holy. A lot of people are WAY to liberal with it for my taste! I do think they should be able to do whatever they feel is good for them but it does make it so hard on our little ones when ideas are vastly different.
Nice that no one told you that you were gonna be slave labor and that you should dress appropriatly! thats too funny.
So I'm completely jealous of your Red Robin dinner; I absolutely love that place! Such yummy fries! I don't know if you'd be opposed to this or not, but when we were 8-10ish and had a hard time paying attention in Sacrament and to general conference (we had to listen/watch all sessions), my mom and dad made us church Bingo cards. We had to listen intently and then got to cross off the words we heard (testimony, Christ, temple, commandment, etc.). On Fast Sundays, we'd gather all our little Bingo cards for the previous weeks and any that had Bingos, we had to EXPLAIN what we remember about the topic (this could be basic or in depth). When we had successfully completed FIVE of them, we got a special toy/treat/Daddy Daughter Date, whatever. Just an idea for you if you'd like it!
While I definitely support the ideas of keeping the Sabbath Day Holy, we were always allowed to play with family members (cousins, aunts, uncles, etc.). I won't lie, I definitely looked forward to Sundays we had family stuff so I could "play" since I wasn't allowed to play with friends on Sundays.
I had a good time at dinner.
I agree it is a hard thing with sacrament meetings.
Post a Comment