Sunday, December 20, 2009

A little of this and that.

So Friday I got up feeling okay and decided to go to work for a few hours. My mouth felt okay. I left work at noon and went and picked up Christy from school. I drove her to Fillmore where her Grandma Cosgrove was waiting to pick her up for the weekend. On my way home my father in law called and let me know that they were getting Shadow that evening. Saturday morning I wasn't feeling all that great. It was a mixture of my mouth hurting and a compilation of the week that I had had. Also David and I were at odds about a few situations. I was determined to stay in my room the whole weekend. There's a TV in my room and I have plenty of bottle water in the fridge. I was set. Come noon and I just couldn't handle it. I had to get out. I went into town and stopped at a friends gift boutique and bought me some gifts. Then I drove to my parents house and dropped off some potatoes that the Bushars had given me. Then I decided enough of my pity party, I called Ann and asked her if it would be okay if I picked up Shadow for a few hours. She was more than happy to let me pick up Shadow. So I drove to Enterprise. The plan was for Shadow and I to come into St. George and buy presents for Christy and David. We went shopping and then she said that she really wanted to see The Princess and the Frog. I called Ann and let her know that I was going to take Shadow to the movie, Ann suggested that I keep Shadow overnight. So Shadow and I went and saw the movie. She really enjoyed the movie. Shadow spent the night then this morning we went to church with my parents. Amber and Danni and their boys are in town :) They were at church too. After church Shadow drove with me to Fillmore to pick up Christy. They were so excited to see each other. This weekend was the first time that Christy and I have seen Shadow since David left. She has been with the Bushars a few times but all the other times it seemed like I had things going on that didn't permit being able to see her. She is here for a longer period of time as well so it made it easier for more of the family to see her. We drove to Enterprise to drop Shadow off at Grandma Bushar's, when we got there Ann asked if Christy could stay as well. So here I am alone :) don't get me wrong its nice. I am excited that the girls will have time to spend together. Ann is going to bring them into town on Tuesday.
I feel like this post is all over the place, sorry. I am worried that my mouth is infected. My bottom two wounds hurt all the way up my jaw to my ears. And I feel like there is a bad taste in my mouth. I guess tomorrow it's back to the dentist for me, hopefully nothing is wrong and I am just a worry wart. Here's a few pictures. I got my new camera tonight so hopefully no more blurry, yellow photos. I love this time of year and am looking forward to the big family sleepover on Christmas Eve. There is nothing better than family :)
Shadow and I.
Christy sitting on Santas lap.

USS Nimits News:
I talked to David on the phone today. He officially re-enlists on the 27th. He is re-enlisting for two years of shore duty, with the option to extend shore duty for one more year. David is currently attending a leadership class for E5's. He no longer has to do RAS's, they replaced him because he is leaving. They had a picnic on the flight deck recently and the other night they had an ice cream social. David says Christmas Day will most likely be a beer day. Thats where all the sailors get two beers. What a way to spend Christmas!

1 comments:

*Aliese* said...

A beer day, huh?! Well, that sounds exciting! LoL I'm glad you guys have gotten to spend some time with Shadow; that's wonderful! And I, too, am looking forward to a big Christmas Eve sleepover. LOVE IT!