Thursday, December 9, 2010

SeaBee Christmas Party


On Friday December 3, 2010 David and I attended his work Christmas party. The party was held at the officers club on North Island. The invitation said dinner, danicing and door prizes. The dress was semi formal. Semi formal has a whole different meaning to the people David work with. There were people in baggy, holey jeans and baseball caps. The dinner was a buffet set up with salad, vegetables, chicken, prime rib, and rolls. Then they had plain cheesecake for dessert. We didn't stay the whole time. At ten o'clock we decided we had had enough. Too many drunk sailors, and we weren't winning any door prizes. We had asked a girl from our ward to babysit Christy. When we got home I had David take the sitter home and I put Christy to bed. I was so tired that I didn't even check the house. When I got up Saturday morning and saw the house I was so MAD! The sitter had made maccaronni and cheese with chili for dinner and somehow dinner ended up all over my counters and sink and floor. Then someone had plugged in my Scentsy candle and had been playing in the wax so there was wax all over my carpet. She will never babysit again. I remember when I used to babysit that I was very respectful of the peoples homes that I was in. I didn't get into things and I cleaned up after myself. The sitter is 18 she should know better. David and i had a pretty good time at the party and it was nice to get out and spend an evening as a couple. We had another picture of just David and i in front of the tree but I have no idea who erased it so you are stuck with the crummy one.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You look GORGEOUS!

Amberdawn said...

And that is why we never go anywhere, besides for not being able to afford $10 an hour babysitters, they scare me!